Last updated: October 31, 2013
- I. Introduction
- II. Information Collected by The Kive Company
When you use our Services, The Kive Company collects information (i) that you knowingly and voluntarily provide when you use our Services (such as through forms or profile screens) including registration/account setup information, and (ii) that we are able to collect from your web browser, cookies and other similar technologies. We also aggregate information across our Services and with third party information to create a profile of you.
- Personally Identifiable Information. For purposes of this Policy “Personally Identifiable Information” means information that can be used to identify or locate an individual including but not limited to information such as your name, email address, telephone number, postal address, demographic information, product ownership, interests, hobbies and other similar information. When you use our Services you may provide us with Personally Identifiable Information. We may also collect Personally Identifiable Information automatically when you use our Services such as your IP address and geo-location information. You can choose not to provide us with certain Personally Identifiable Information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of the Services or other available features we offer.
We use Personally Identifiable Information to respond to your requests, customize future experiences for you, improve our Services, share promotional information and advertisements with you, develop other mobile applications and Internet websites, improve our marketing and promotional efforts, and to communicate directly with you. We may use your Personally Identifiable Information to send you targeted e-mail, marketing offers, or other messages. Finally, The Kive Company may use Personally Identifiable Information to notify you about important changes to our Services, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. When you use our Services we may automatically receive and store certain non-Personally Identifiable Information including:
- Information about your use of our Services including frequency of visits to our sites;
- Technical information about the devices that you use to access our Services including your mobile device type, operating system type, and browser type; and
- Feedback and rankings of products and brands that you review
The Kive Company may use non-Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to us for various business purposes such as providing customer service, fraud prevention, market research, and improving our services. We also share the information you provide about other brands and products with our partners (including the brands themselves) (please see Section III below for more information about how we may share your information).
- Aggregate Information. We may aggregate and/or anonomize all information that we collect from you, including Personally Identifiable Information, for the purpose of market research on brands and products, marketing campaigns, and advertising.
- III. Who Can Access the Information We Collect?
The Kive Company shares your information, including Personally Identifiable Information, as described below.
- Affiliated Businesses We Control. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with the affiliated businesses we control to make sure that your experience with us is as seamless as possible and that you have the full benefit of our offerings. These affiliated businesses include Artkive, Apparoo, and Tastemaker Mom. The use of your Personally Identifiable Information by such controlled affiliates remains subject to this Policy.
- Business Partners, Advertisers and Promotional Offers. We may enter into alliances, partnerships or other business arrangements with third parties to share Personally Identifiable Information for the purpose of providing you with information regarding products and services that we think may be of interest to you. We may also share your information with third party partners in order for them to better target products and services to their customers. If you do not want to receive such offers, please contact us using the procedure listed in Section XIII (Opt-Out / Information Correction or Removal).
- Agents. We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples of such functions include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. We share our users’ Personally Identifiable Information with these agents as we deem necessary for such third parties to perform their functions.
- Public Areas of our Services. If you provide any Personally Identifiable Information to The Kive Company for posting in areas of our site or through our Service that may be publicly viewed (e.g., blogs or messaging features), your Personally Identifiable Information will be available to third parties who use our Services or conduct searches using our Services. Please be cautious when using the public features of our Services.
- Protection of Company and Others. We may release Personally Identifiable Information when it is necessary to (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements (c) protect the rights, safety or property of The Kive Company, its affiliates, service providers, The Kive Company’s users or the public, or (d) prevent a crime or protect national security (including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
- IV. Selling Information
We will never sell your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties with whom you do not have an existing relationship. We may sell access to your information (including Personally Identifiable Information) to our strategic business partners with whom you have an existing relationship in for our partners to better target their products and services to you. Our partners will not have direct access to your Personally Identifiable Information but rather will have the ability to communicate with you through your participation with our Services.
- V. Cookies and Tracking Technology
- VI. Children and Privacy
Our Services are not directed to children under the age of 18, if you are not 18 years or older, do not use our Services. We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 18. If we learn that Personally Identifiable Information of persons less than 18-years-of-age has been collected from a minor through our Service, we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child or a minor under the age of 18 has posted, submitted or otherwise communicated Personally Identifiable Information to our Service without your consent, then you may alert us at email@example.com so that we may take appropriate action to remove the minor’s Personally Identifiable Information from our systems.
- VII. Message Boards/Blogs
We may provide message boards or blogs for users to post comments and messages. We will collect the content of these messages and may collect technical information about your post, such as the IP address from which you posted and associate this information with your messages.
When you post messages to the message boards or blogs, certain registration information, such as your email address, user name and/or full name, may be available to the public. Also note that any personal information you include in the body of your message will be available to the public so it is important for you to exercise discretion and appropriate caution when deciding to reveal Personally Identifiable Information in these areas of our Service.
- VIII. Invite Friends and Contacts
You may choose to provide us with another person’s e-mail address or social network profile information so that person may be invited to create an account and join our Services. We use this information to contact and, if necessary, remind that person about the invitation. By providing us with another person’s e-mail address, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the person concerned with respect to such disclosure to us of their Personally Identifiable Information.
- IX. Links to Third Party Services
Our Services contain links to third party websites, applications and services not operated by us. These links are provided as a service and do not imply any endorsement of the activities or content of these sites, applications or services nor any association with their operators. The Kive Company is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party including websites directly linked to our Service. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third party site that you link from our Services.
- X. Security and Storage of Personally Identifiable Information
We take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of your Personally Identifiable Information. Although we use security measures to help protect your Personally Identifiable Information against loss, misuse or unauthorized disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to us over the Internet. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, there is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
The Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to us is generally stored on servers located in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, you should be aware that once your Personally Identifiable Information is submitted through our Services, it will be transferred to our servers in the United States and that the United States currently does not have uniform data protection laws in place.
The Kive Company will retain information we collect about you and from you for as long as your account is active or as required by law. Users may close their account by following the procedures set forth in Section 12 (Termination and Survivability) of the Terms of Service.
- XI. Change of Control
In the event that a third party acquires all or a substantial portion of The Kive Company’s business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, liquidation, dissolution, consolidation or sale of all or a substantial portion of our business, trade or assets, your Personally Identifiable Information collected through our Services along with any aggregate information we may have about you will be transferred to the acquiring third party. By using our Services, you consent to the sale and transfer of your Personally Identifiable Information as described in this paragraph.
- XIII. Opt-Out / Information Correction or Removal
If any of the information that we have about you is incorrect or you wish to have information (including Personally Identifiable Information) removed from our records please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to such inquiries within fifteen (15) business days.
Additionally, if you prefer not to receive marketing messages from us, please let us know by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any marketing message that you receive or by sending a message to us at email@example.com.
- XIV. Privacy Inquiries
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or our privacy practices please contact us as follows:
- By emailing the Privacy Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By mail post to: Privacy Department
The Kive Company
14724 Ventura Blvd, 2nd Floor
Los Angeles, CA 91403
© 2013 The Kive Company – All Rights Reserved.